Sunday, January 13, 2008

Angel Mysteries

Angel is working in mysterious ways. I just hope the students will continue to be patient. I notice that it takes on different characteristics when I'm working from home, just as the Groupwise email does. Three students can't continue the Chapter 34 quiz after question 4. Even when they put in a true or false answer, then click Next, a message pops up that says they haven't inserted a response. Avatars are missing from profiles when I look at home and I methodically wrote to many students to give them some feedback, only to have them reply that they did upload an avatar! As for Gradebook, I may have solved part of the problem. I think I have to indicate whether the task is going to be manually marked or marked as an 'item completion' before it inputs a grade. Resumes are coming in and I've advised their work experience mentor that the students are anxious for his feedback.

I see on Twitter that there's another interesting webcast on edtechtalk "EVO 2008" and that Tom Barrett is looking for students to do an email exchange with his Grade 3 classes. Wish I was still in Al Ain so I could participate.

Facebook is going to the dogs! "Dogbook" has over 100,000 members who upload their dog's picture and on their profile, write about their dog's favorite hobbies, food places to walk - even talk about their owners! There are members from all over the world, most of whom are empty nesters are in their 20's. There's also a group for cat lovers too! I think I'll stick to twitter.

No comments: