Thursday, November 15, 2007

Adding a Userpage to Knowledge Garden

Tonight when I logged on to the Forum, a colleague had a question about adding a userpage to a Table of Contents in Knowledge Garden. It's only because I sat in front of this computer for hours a couple of nights ago that I know how to do this!! And it's not necessarily that easy to add a Userpage if you miss clicking the Edit button. Because I find Knowledge Garden very congested, I decided to use SnagIt8 to make screen captures to clarify my response. Unfortunately, the post only allows one attachment! So I've spent an hour or so (no, probably two!!), trying to put the frames together into a video using Windows Movie Maker. Here is my second attempt at making a video. I didn't realize that when I was creating the first video, the music from the gorgeous classical music station 96.3 out of Toronto that I so enjoy listening to was recording. We didn't have any radio stations to listen to in Al Ain and I've been starved for good classical music for seven years! However, I cropped too many frames using the timeline feature and had to begin again! Ah, the trials and tribulations of a movie director!! This one still has nice music - next time I'll try for clearer pictures! Janet

1 comment:

DFay said...

Hi Janet- I have just viewed the video on your blog. I am not into blogging and realize that this video was directed to your group (classmates?). I think you must be onto something new in on-line instruction. The music was very relaxing, seeming to encourage one to try to do what you were teaching. It's as if there was this calm voice behind me saying, "Just relax, you can do this, and I'm here to help." Some of us get a little nervous when we try to do this kind of thing, but the music works to alleviate the nerves. Good show! You may have started a new trend.