Tuesday, December 11, 2007

USQ's Knowledge Garden

I almost forgot to mention that two nights ago, I was trolling through Knowledge Garden to the wee hours of the morning. Due to fatigue, I'm sure, I decided to rename my Social Networking Software facilitated page - no real reason to do so, but I thought I'd just call it Social Networking. As soon as I did that, all the links to the page disappeared! I panicked, messengered Peter, conducted a search which feature I had never used before, and found my page hanging on its own. If I had renamed it correctly, the links would have automatically updated. But by leaving an extra space - it became an orphan. Thus - all of the links to it on all of the other pages did not work! Two lessons learned from this - don't do anything like that in the middle of the night unless you have a really clear head about it; keep a backup!

1 comment:

Asray said...

Hi Janet,

I was planning to rename my page as well. I will be more careful when I do that after reading your experience. Thanks for sharing it.

Asra